About Children’s Champion Award
DCPCR has instituted Children’s Champion Awards to recognise individuals/organisations who have immensely contributed to the cause of the children. Awards are conferred in 12 categories:
- Politics: Elected representatives (former & current) who used politics to improve children’s lives.
- Jurist: Who used law for children’s welfare and improving their lives.
- Journalism: Whose reporting in newspapers, magazines, or channels promoted the cause of children.
- Business: Individuals / organisations / CSR using wealth and / or innovation for the children’s welfare.
- Academia: Academicians, think-tanks etc whose works led to improved understanding of children’s issues.
- Public Service: Civil servants, politicians, individuals, organisations who contributed for children’s welfare using governance
- Education: Individuals or organisations who improved school education outcomes.
- Health & Nutrition: Health care workers, organisations, civil servants, politicians who worked on improving health outcomes for children.
- Child Protection: Individuals or organisations that made society safer for children and helped curb crimes against children.
- Art: Artists, NGOs, educators, civil servants or activists who used art for promoting issues related to children.
- Sports: Sports professionals, federations, civil servants, politicians, or anyone else who improved access and quality of sports for children.
- Children: Children demonstrating leadership ability.
11 categories are for adults who have contributed significantly in the field of child rights and 1 category for Children who have displayed leadership in solving problems. Please click here to read the detailed Public Notice inviting nominations. Applications are now closed.
Selection Process: The final Awardees were selected by the Jury and the preliminary screening & evaluation was done by the Selection Committee comprising 13 professionals across sectors like Education, Art, Health, Protection, etc.
- Justice Deepak Gupta, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India
- Ms. Vrinda Sarup, Retired IAS/Former Union Secretary (Education), Govt of India
- Mr. Anshu Gupta, CEO, Goonj/Magsaysay Awardee
- Mr. Deepak Kumar, Sportsperson, Asian Games Silver Medalist (Shooting)
- Ms. Kanta Singh, Deputy Country Representative, UN Women India
- Dr. Menaka Guruswamy, Sr. Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- Mr. Rohan Verma, CEO, MapMyIndia/Vice-President, CII Delhi
- Dr. Shuchin Bajaj, Founder & Director, Ujala Cygnus Hospitals
- Mr. Sudarshan Suchi, CEO, Save the Children
- Mr. Alex Paul Menon, IAS, Government of Chhattisgarh
- Ms. Gunjan Sharma, Assistant Professor, Ambedkar University
- Ms. Madhu Ahluwalia, Sr. Consultant, Quality Council of India
- Ms. Romana Shaikh, Chief Program Officer, Kizazi
- Mr. Shoikat Roy, Social Impact Project Leader, Boston Consulting Group
- Mr. Kuldeep Dantewadia, Co-Founder, Reap Benefit
- Mr. Pratik Rajurkar, Co-Founder, Solocl
- Dr. Ankit Mogha, Chief Medical Officer, Delhi
- Ms. Damini Mainkar, Chief Operations Officer, Leadership for Equity
- Ms. Neha Raykar, Associate Director, IDInsight
- Ms. Priyanka Sharma, Actor and Director
- Ms. Anisha Gupta, Alumni Community Creator, Youth Alliance
- Ms. Kanika Saraf, Head, Interventions for Child-Oriented Policing, Aangan
Click here to read Project Report of Children's Champion Award 2023.